Saturday 5 September 2015

Review | White Hot Kiss



Title: White Hot Kiss 
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal & Fantasy
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 400
Publication Date: 25th February 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Purchased

The Lowdown

(Taken from the back of the book)

Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal -- fit in at school, and go out on a real date with the gorgeous Zayne, whom she's crushed on since forever. Trouble is, Zayne treats Layla like a sister -- and Layla is anything but normal. She's half demon, half gargoyle, with abilities no one else possesses. And even though Zayne is a Warden, part of the race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity safe, Layla's kiss will kill anything with a soul -- including him.

Then she meets Roth -- a tattooed, sinfully hot demon who claims to know her secrets. Though Layla knows she should stay away, it's tough when that whole no-kissing thing isn't an issue. Trusting Roth could ruin her chances with Zayne -- and brand her a traitor to the Warden family that raised her. But as Layla discovers she's the sole reason for a violent demon uprising, kissing the enemy suddenly pales in comparison to the looming end of the world. 



Where To Buy

Image Map

Ratings









 




Disclaimer: I'm #TeamRoth so if the quote isn't to do with Roth it's not included, just saying! :D

Love or Hate
He couldn't be here. 
But he was, and i couldn't look away. Suddenly I wished i could sketch, because my fingers itched to draw the lines of his face, to try to capture the exact slant of the bottom lip that was fuller than the top.
The demon smiled and leaned down, placing his palms on my desk, smelling of something sweet and musky. "I've been thinking about you all night...."
I don't think i could hate anything that has Roth in it. He won me over from the first sentence that cross his lips (well in my mind anyway).


The Main Characters
I still really didn't know what i was doing or why. Was it because i just wanted to be like a normal teenage girl for once? To be young and dumb?
There aren't many female protagonist that can win me over. And Layla didn't do that, i stayed reading because of Roth, can you tell I'm crushing on him lol. For me Layla didn't know what she had till it was taken away/there was a threat that it would be taken away. And that really bothered me, she really took everyone for granted. But when she started looking at herself and finally making decisions on her own life that's when she started to win me over and have me liking her more.

"When i said i wasn't a really boy?" 
"Yes."
He smirked as he leaned forward. I tried to clamp my legs shut, but his thigh slid between mine. "I think I'm definitely becoming a real boy."
Now Roth, the bad boy with the tattoo's, who's charming in his own way and loves to make everything that comes out his mouth dirty (well mostly everything). Ahhhh!, love him!! Like i said he won me over pretty early on and kept me going all the way through.


The Romance
He caught me staring. "See something you like?"
I shot him a bland look, and then we, well, we stared at each other awkwardly. Everything had changed between us, even though I couldn't pinpoint the exact moment when or be sure what it really meant.
I wish they had a lot more time together rather than having to sneak around (well they didn't really do that but in my head they did lol). Chapter 25 crushed me so bad and had me crying my eyes out in bed as i read, soo many feels from just one chapter and what he [Roth] does at the end was just so brave and absolutely amazing. I couldn't but i also could believe that he would do something like that.


My Hopes and Dreams for the Next Book
I have none since i don't plan to read it. I'll be skipping to the third book but if I'm soo confused by it that i have to read the second one. Then i would be forced to read it. I'd rather skip all the Layla and the Zayne moments I've heard is in book 2 and go straight into seeing if she ends up with Roth. She better end up with Roth or Jennifer L. Armentrout is gonna be bombarded with upset emails from me lol


Would You Recommend
Heck yeah!! i would. I loved this book with all the Roth moments. This is a fun story with medium amount of heat that will have you crying and laughing along with the characters. If you want some feels, this is definitely an option. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment